Tuesday, July 30, 2013

I didn't forget about you!

Hey hey! I'm still here, we've just been so ridiculously busy I haven't had a free second to update this guy (seriously, Jeff is in manic-get-everything-done-mode and I feel as though I should take advantage...and also, I have to keep up so that I don't feel like a lazy bum next to him). I'll write up a real post in the next couple of days, but until then, here are a couple mini updates:

  • Most of what we've been doing has been painting, so you're not really missing out on anything exciting. My life has become a non-stop cycle of going to one job, going to the other, coming home, painting, eating, cleaning, more painting, and sleeping. That's literally just about it, save a baby shower here and there.
  • I HAVE started to tackle the yard...kind of. Or at least the patio. I swept and hosed it off the other day, and pulled the weeds out from between the bricks. Jeff bought a grill and a new fire pit, and cut down the tree that was hanging over the gate to the backyard. He's terrified of spiders, and it was not only driving us nuts, but he was afraid to enter the yard through the gate for fear of web-attack.
  • The rooms that we've painted so far are as follows: living room, foyer, dining room, powder room, and the wall going up the stairs...and Jeff's working on the upstairs hallway as we speak. We noticed upon painting the powder room with semi-gloss paint that the walls are in HORRENDOUS shape, so we're going to need to address that sometime down the road...for the moment, I'm just going to try to strategically hang art, but it's really driving me bonkers. The molding and baseboards upstairs are also in terrible shape, and we're going to try to salvage them with sandpaper/spackle/caulk/prayers, but I don't know how great they're going to turn out. Fingers crossed. AND! I noticed the other day that the CEILING in our office is blue. Good lord. I thought we could get away without painting any ceilings right off the bat, but apparently not. Oh, and two of the walls in the kitchen randomly have some kind of ugly texture work on them, or are just all wonky, so we're probably going to have to dry-wall them. Neat-o.
  • The reason that we're working so exhaustively this week in particular is that we're having a housewarming party this Sunday, and we're trying to get as much done as possible prior to then. I'll post pictures of the party next week.

That's it for now. Like I said, I'll have a full post with pictures of progress in the next few days. I just wanted to say hi and let you know I haven't abandoned you :) Off to paint!

No comments:

Post a Comment